ECCLESALL KIDS’ CLUB – CONSTITUTION
The name of the association shall be Ecclesall Kids’ Club (hereafter called ‘the Club’).
The objects of the Club shall be:
- To provide the necessary facilities for the daily care, recreation and education of children during out of school hours and school holidays.
- To advance the education and training of those involved in the provision of such care, education and recreational facilities.
In furtherance of the said objects but not further or otherwise the Club shall have the following powers
- To raise funds and apply for, invite, obtain, collect and receive contributions from any person or persons whatsoever by way of subscription, donation, grant, legacy and otherwise, providing that the Club shall not undertake any permanent trading activities in raising funds for the said objective.
- To employ on such terms and conditions of employment as the Club shall determine any paid or voluntary worker or workers to assist in the attainment of the said objectives.
- To do all such other lawful things as shall further the attainment of the said objectives or any of them.
- Membership shall be open to all parents or guardians on the attendance register of the Club and to other persons who are interested in furthering the work of the Club.
- The committee hereinafter constituted shall have the right:
- to approve or reject applications for membership;
- for good and sufficient reason to terminate the membership of any member, committee before the final decision is made.
- Every member shall subscribe to the Club such annual sum (if any) for the mentioned and the words “financial year” shall mean the period September 1 to August 31 inclusive.
- The management committee shall annually elect a Chairperson.
- The Chairperson shall hold office for a period of 12 months but shall be eligible for re-election.
- Save as otherwise herein provided, the policy and general management of the affairs of the Club shall be directed by the Committee hereinafter constituted. The Committee shall allocate the tasks and functions to members of the Committee, or to employees of the Club.
- The Committee shall consist of at least three, and no more than eight members of the Club elected by the Annual General Meeting hereinafter mentioned.
- In addition to the members elected, the Committee may co-opt to serve on the Committee in an advisory capacity other interested individuals or representatives of statutory or voluntary agencies active in the locality or of such other organisations as the Committee may determine provided that no such co-opted member shall be entitled to vote.
- The members of the Committee shall hold office until the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting next after their election or co-option, as the case may be, but shall be eligible for re-election or re co-option.
- The Committee shall meet not less than three times per year.
- Two members of the Committee (or one third of the Committee members for the time being – whichever is the greater) shall constitute a quorum.
- Minute books shall be kept by the Committee and the Secretary shall enter therein a record of all proceedings and resolutions of the Committee.
- Once in each year an Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held at such time (not being more than 15 months after the holding of the preceding Annual General Meeting) and place as the Committee shall determine. At such Annual General Meeting the business shall include:
- the receipt of the Annual Report and Accounts for the preceding year from the Committee;
- the appointment of an auditor or auditors;
- the election of the members (other than co-opted members) to serve on the Committee;
- the determination of the annual membership subscription payable under 4c hereof;
- the transaction of such other matters as may from time to time be necessary.
- The Committee may at any time and the Secretary shall within 21 days of receiving a written request to do so, signed by not less than one quarter of the members for the time being of the Club (or such other member of the Club the General Meeting may from time to time determine) and giving reasons for the request, call a Special General Meeting of the Club.
- Notification of a General meeting shall be given in writing by the Secretary to all members not less than 28 days prior to the meeting.
- The quorum for a General meeting shall be one third of the total membership for the time being of the Club or other such number of the Club in General Meeting shall from time to time determine.
- Save as otherwise herein provided, all questions arising at a General Meeting shall be decided by simple majority of those present and voting thereat. A member of the Club shall be entitled to appoint a proxy who shall be a member of the Club to attend any General Meeting that he is unable to attend and to exercise the vote of the member in whose stead he is attending in addition to his own vote. Provided that no such entitlement shall apply in respect of clauses 9 and 10 hereof. Save as foresaid, no person shall exercise more than one vote but in case of any equality of votes the Chair or in their absence, the member elected to chair the meeting, shall have second or casting vote.
- The Treasurer shall keep proper accounts of the Club and shall prepare the accounts for the last financial year for submission to the member at the Annual General Meeting and the words “financial year” shall mean the period 1 September to 31 August inclusive.
- The accounts shall be subject to independent examination at the discretion of the management committee.
- The funds of the Club shall be applied in furtherance of its objects and no payment shall be made to any member except for the services actually rendered as the Committee except reasonable and proper out of pocket expenses.
- A bank account shall be opened in the name of the Club with Girobank PLC, or such other bank as the Committee may from time to time determine. The Committee shall authorise in writing the Secretary, The Treasurer and two other members of the Committee (not being co-opted members) to sign cheques on behalf of the Club. All cheques must be signed for by not less than two of the four authorised signatories, at least one of whom shall be a Committee member.
ALTERATION TO MEMBERSHIP
No alteration or addition to this constitution shall be made except at a General Meeting of the Club called for such a purpose. Alterations and additions to the constitution shall receive the assent not less than two thirds of the members present and voting at General Meeting.
The Club may be dissolved by a resolution passed by two thirds majority of those present and voting at a Special General Meeting convened for the purpose of which 21 days’ notice shall be given (to the members). Such a resolution may give instructions for the disposal of any assets held by or in the name of the Club but provided that if any property remains after the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities.
- Every Management Committee member, auditor or worker of the Club shall be indemnified out of the assets of the charity against any liability incurred by them in that capacity in defending any proceedings, whether civil or criminal, in which judgement is given in their favour or in which they are acquitted or in connection with any application in which relief is granted to them by the court from liability for negligence, default of duty or breach of trust in relation to the affairs of the Club.
- The Club shall not be liable for the wilful fraud, wilful wrongdoing or wilful omission of any Committee Member, auditor or worker provided that the Committee shall have exercised proper supervision and control in respect of such persons.