2.3 Parent/Carer Behaviour Policy
Ecclesall Kids Club believe staff, parents and children are entitled to a safe and protective environment in which to work and play. Behaviour that will cause harassment, alarm or distress to users of the Club is contrary to the aims of our Club and we will not tolerate such behaviour towards our staff or other users of the Club. This includes posting inappropriately on Social Media and Cyber Bullying.
We want our staff to feel safe and happy in their work and the relationships that parents and carers build with them and good communication is key to this. We have a mirror Staff Behaviour and Conduct Policy to this Parent/Carer Behaviour Policy that details how we expect our staff to behave. We also have a Behaviour Management Policy which sets out how we expect children in our care to behave and how our staff will be expected to address the occasions when a child’s behaviour falls short of the standards we expect.
- That all parents/carers members of the Club treat each other and our staff with respect.
- That all adults set a good example to children at all times, showing them how to get along with others and the wider community.
- That no members of staff, parents/carers or children are the victims of abusive behaviour or are open to threats from others whilst on the Club premises. Anyone displaying such behaviour may be asked to leave the club premises and their actions may also result in the Police being informed.
- Physical attacks and threatening behaviour, abusive or insulting language, verbal or written, to staff, other parents and carers, children and other users of the Club will not be tolerated and may result in withdrawal of a childcare place/s, either temporarily or permanently. Any decision to withdraw a place may only be revoked by right of appeal to the Management Committee via the Club Manager in the first instance.
- It is a requirement that incidences of inappropriate behaviour towards staff are logged with the Ecclesall Kids Club Manager and these may be escalated to the Kids Club Management Committee.
- Any allegations of inappropriate behaviour by staff or children will be dealt with in line with our Staff Behaviour Policy or our Behaviour Management Policy for children as appropriate.
Types of behaviour that are considered serious and will not be tolerated towards any member of the Club or its staff (This is not an exhaustive list but seeks to provide illustrations of such behaviour).
- Shouting, either in person or over the telephone
- Inappropriate posting on Social Networking sites deemed as bullying
- Speaking in an aggressive/threatening tone
- The use of aggressive hand gestures/exaggerated movements
- Physical threats
- Shaking or holding a fist towards another person
- Hitting e.g. slapping, punching or kicking
- Racist or sexist comments
The Club reserves the right to take any necessary actions to ensure that all members of the Club and our staff are not subjected to abuse or inappropriate behaviour of any kind.