1.9 Laptop Usage Policy
- The use of the laptop in the presence of children is strictly prohibited.
- Within the operating hours of Kids Club, where children are present, ensure the laptop is locked away.
- If a member of staff needs urgent access to the laptop, the use will be permitted away from the children, e.g. Store Room at Infants and the School Office at Juniors.
- The use of the laptop is restricted to the Club Manager, Coordinators and Deputies.
- Ensure the laptop is enabled with a start up password that is unique and difficult to guess.
- Password protect any documents containing sensitive information.
- Only visit websites you know and trust.
- Accessing inappropriate websites is strictly prohibited. Should inappropriate websites be accessed accidentally, this should be immediately reported to the Club Manager.
- Under no circumstances will the laptop be used to take photographs at the Club during working hours.
- The laptop has been installed with anti-virus software. Only visit websites you know and trust
- Ensure your email is filtered for spam. Delete any emails received from an untrustworthy source or containing inappropriate material.
- Do not open any email attachments unless they were expected and from a trusted source. Email attachments are the number-one malware risk.
- Do not leave unattended. Always lock the screen when not in use. If not in use for a period of time, shut down.
- Do not download software. If new software is required, seek guidance from the Club Manager/ Committee.
- Only connect to approved or known wireless networks.
- Do not allow anyone else to use your laptop.
- Never leave the laptop logged on to shared drives, email accounts etc. when not in use. Ensure you are logged out and shut down.
- If left at work overnight, always keep out of sight, locked away.
- Ensure files are regularly backed up by a secure method.
Your laptop should be covered under your home insurance, therefore:
- Always store your laptop inside the home and do not leave it in the car or anywhere that it can be easily seen from outside. Ideally lock it away in a cupboard.
- Do not allow any use that is not authorised.
Public Transport and Public Areas
- Be vigilant when using public transport and when in public areas.
- Do not use your laptop while travelling unless necessary. Consider use with care.
- Ensure you are not overlooked. Do not open documents of a sensitive nature when in a public place.