To find out more about us please click on the relevant tabs at the top of this page or the links below.
- Our mission is to provide low cost, high quality, safe and stimulating playcare in a welcoming and friendly environment. Our priority is to provide ongoing childcare for parents who need this for each academic year they book, we will always endeavour to offer adhoc spaces or irregular patterns if we have capacity but this cannot be guaranteed.
- We provide out of school care for 4 year olds (current reception not preschool) to 11 year olds (current Y6)
- We are independent of Ecclesall Primary school though we rent our premises from them. We are a registered Charity (Charitable Incorporated Organisation or CIO), run by a Voluntary Management Committee of parent trustees who are also club users themselves. We always welcome new parents to join our Committee as we can’t continue without our parents.
- We offer Breakfast, After School Club and Holiday Club throughout the year, our sessions run from 7.40am to school start and from the end of school until 6pm. Reception, Y1 and Y2 are escorted from and to their classrooms.
- Our current 2023 prices are Breakfast Club £5.50 per session, After-School Club £11 per session, these have been held since 2021.
- Holiday Club costs £32 for a full day, or £16 for a half-day (if/when they are available) plus additional costs for any trips out we do. We also include a healthy snack for the children at no additional costs, please note the snack is given on arrival at club and is not a substantial meal, usually wraps, sandwiches and fresh fruit and veg.
- Children attending Holiday club, do need to be provided with a packed lunch from home, as during the holiday club we offer breakfast and a healthy afternoon snack. The packed lunch must be nut free and will be checked on arrival.
- At our last Ofsted we were rated as good.
- Our Management Team and Play Team are qualified and experienced.
- We are very busy at our Primary Club and except for Fridays are oversubscribed at all sessions. Places are not guaranteed even if a child attends the same day every year. To support continuity we give existing parents advance chance to secure their sessions early in advance of each academic year. We hold waiting lists for any parent unable to secure the places they require at Booking Go Live.
- We use the Magic Booking on line booking and payment system. This allows you to book sessions up to 24 hours before they start and cancel sessions at any time. We apply a full cost credit for cancelled sessions up to 10 full working days before the start of the cancelled session 22/23 for 23/24 we are reviewing our cancellation policy and this is likely to increase significantly as we wish to discourage block booking and last minute cancellations. We may also charge parents for failing to cancel sessions in advance due to the safeguarding risks of not doing so and extra work caused to staff as they try to locate children we are expecting that day who are not cancelled but then do not attend. Parents must not rely on the school to inform us as we are a separate business. Cancellations can be done via Magic Booking up to 24 hours before or by leaving a message on the club landline 2681116 if its within 24 hours of the session time or on the day. We prefer that you do not email us to inform us of non attendance as email access to our in box is intermittent and we may miss your email.
- We charge £15 for late pick ups after 6pm, this is set automatically in Magic Booking when a child signs out and the staff cannot override this. See our Booking policy for more details.
- We have fun outdoors and indoors; we play board and table games, do craft activities, we have age-appropriate TEC equipment . We offer a semi-structured environment with lots of guided opportunities and lots of free play and choice too.
- We require parents to cancel sessions they will not use even, on the day. The main reason we need parents to cancel is that if a child does not turn up to After-School Club and we expect them, staff have to spend time trying to track them down rather than caring for other children who are there. If the child remains unaccounted for and we cannot get hold of the parents we are duty bound to inform the police for safeguarding reasons, just as schools do.
- We request that parents must not use the school park to drop off or pick up from club including in Holiday Club in line with the schools policy due to the risks to children, parents and staff entering and exiting our building.